Okay boys & girls. This is the one you’ve been waiting for to feed your FEAR multi-player addiction in this post (GameSpy) apocalyptic world. 🙂
- New: FEAR Combat client installer (incl. cd-key input)
- New: Includes SEC2 server patch for hosting dedicated server from in-game (great for LAN parties)
- New: FPS Limiter install option
- New: Web updater to check for latest version
- Fixed: 2 minute delay when joining Internet servers
- Changed: In-game multiplayer server list to use fear-community.org master server
- Changed: In-game cd-key editor to allow SEC2 keys and display key on the screen
- Changed: Multiplayer client settings & host menu items moved to main screen
- Changed: “PB Violation” error message to generic “Error” message
Note: An automated update installer for v1.08 will be released at a later date.
The FEAR Launcher 1.4
Here is the latest update for the FEAR Launcher. If you had problems in the past, download this update that will (I hope) Fix most of the known issues.
Update: 1.4 released
- Run and play! You no longer need to manually copy It to the Game Directory, automatically will try to locate the FEARMP.exe file and copy to the proper location. Supports scenarios where you have several versions installed, FEAR, Steam FEAR, FEAR Combat, Portable versions, and will allow you to select the one you want to use.
- Now can run without the Multi-language support (Languages Directory). If you don’t copy the Languages Folder, It will disable all multi-language options.
- Auto creates a short-cut on desktop for easy access.
- Restored all Server list functionality, including online players, map and password protection.
- Server List now shows the progress of the servers scanned.
- Fixed Incompatibility with the upcoming FEAR Update.
- If you already have a Short-cut, It won’t be replaced. You can use a launcher for FEAR and other for FEAR Combat, but If you created one, It won’t create another.
- It will overwrite existing copies of the Launcher when automatically moving to the Game Directory.
- When you paste your SEC2 Key, verify you didn’t add extra white spaces in the end of It (The Launcher colour will turn red, remove the extra spaces and It should go back to green/blue).
- When using a SEC2 Key, It will only list SEC2 Servers.
- The Servers info is real-time, but the list Itself isn’t. If you don’t see your server listed, contact us (Sorry for doing this again, we keep the list updated manually until the next SEC2 update that will automatically list servers).
Comment here or use the contact section.
Fixed small bug with missing Languages directory, some empty strings in the GUI.
4 weeks ago, this site was made public.
In only 27 days we have got a great response from players, getting 500 registered users ( 502 atm ), that have got a new FEAR CDKey.
This has been possible thanks to all those who have helped in one or other way.
We are happy to announce the availability of the new FEAR Combat 1.08 full Installer.
What Is It?
Is a installer that lets you get the latest version of FEAR without extra patches, in a single file.
Why do I need It?
If you have already the game installed, you don’t need It. If you want to start playing, this is the best choice, because you won’t need extra patches or updates, It will install the 1.08 version.
Also If you got a new SEC2 FEAR CDKey, this will be perfect for you, because unlike the old installers, It won’t ask for a old CDKey on install.
Once you complete the setup, you can add your key.
How do I use It?
Download, run, next, next, next.
Need some guide? Check this detailed Setup guide at RAW Recruits Site.
Where do I get It?
In our downloads section.
Includes the CDKey updater tool.
Filesize is 1.68 GB (If possible use download managers).
The tool that lets you update your cd-key from outside FEAR is ready for download.
As you may have already noticed, the new FEAR cd-keys are not the same size as the old ones, meaning that they can not be updated from within FEAR.
To help you on this, we created a tool that will make this process easy.
You can find it in the downloads section.
Extra help on updating your key, with the tool or manually, can be found In the help section.
If you need any extra assistance with updating your key, please make a post in this forum: