Help linux server

Home Forums FEAR Modding Help linux server

This topic contains 26 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  Fabio 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

• Author

Fabio
    Participant

hello there,
    I have a Centos 7, I downloaded 2.0.1 linux version, but I have some problems:
    1) server semmes to run without any error but looking at netstat server is not listening on any port
    2) I was looking to download 2.0.6 version but it seems to be impossible to find…

someone could help me please?
    thanks a lot!

Fabio
    Participant

I have to say moreover that I downloaded 2.0.6 version but it not seems to be an archive:

[user@server]$ gunzip SEC2_2.0.6.902.L-RC3_2018-08-14_00.gz

gzip: SEC2_2.0.6.902.L-RC3_2018-08-14_00.gz: not in gzip format
    [user@server]$ file SEC2_2.0.6.902.L-RC3_2018-08-14_00.gz
    SEC2_2.0.6.902.L-RC3_2018-08-14_00.gz: ELF 32-bit LSB shared object, Intel 80386, version 1 (SYSV), dynamically linked, not stripped

=MXT=Fred.cpp
    Keymaster

Hi.
    I compressed this file with WinRAR; i suggest to use it to decompress in Windows and upload as GameServer.so
    Please note this is not the full server package, is only the update patch.
    Once you have the server in place, upload this file decompressed and override the existing GameServer.so file.

Fabio
    Participant

Thanks I will try when I come back! 🙂

Fabio
    Participant

C:\Users\maverickk89\Downloads\SEC2_2.0.6.902.L-RC3_2018-08-14_00.gz: L’archivio o è danneggiato o è in un formato sconosciuto

archive damaged or in unkonow format, that is the error. downloaded from here:

http://cpp.mx/sec2.php

Fabio
    Participant

In any case Im cannot found the server in LAN, neither on the on the list on site. It seems that it isn’t listening on any port…

=MXT=Fred.cpp
    Keymaster

It looks like a damaged file. That would be my fault.
    We are working on that. Still you should be able to use the existing GameServer.so file, and update It in the next days/hours.

Fabio
    Participant

please could you upload again update for linux? I could download GameServer.dll but no GameServer.so.
    In any case with version 2.0.1. I cannot connect to server… I disabled iptables too (linux firewall) but I still do not see server locally…
    could you tell me why?
    I also noticed with “ps aux” that the port indicated on the configuration file is not listened (yes, I uncommented lines on the config file), it seems strange because game seems to starts with no errors…

scal1
    Participant

Hy

1) server semmes to run without any error but looking at netstat server is not listening on any port
    – did you put your LAN-IP-Adress in the “ServerOptions.txt” ?

The entry looks like this: “BindToAddr=192.168.1.10” (just a sample IP)

Fabio
    Participant

yes I already set that field… obviously Dedicated’s one too and the entire section deathmatch as well…

Fabio
    Participant

@=MXT=Fred.cpp file is still damaged

Fabio
    Participant

“obviously Dedicated’s one too and the entire section deathmatch as well…”

obviously Dedicated’s one too (set to 1) and (removed ; from) the entire section deathmatch as well…

=MXT=Fred.cpp
    Keymaster

Try the latest unstable release at http://cpp.mx/sec2

Fabio
    Participant

I tried all the files of linux versions and only 1 was ok:
    http://cpp.mx/files/SEC2/Unstable/SEC2_2.0.6.903.L-nightly_2018-10-24_00.zip

however, whatever is the version (2.0.1 or 2.0.6) I still do not see the server in LAN…
    I have already opened ports in iptables (if I disable iptables’ service nothing change) and setted the default port (27888) on serveroptions.txt…

why cannot I see the server in LAN? any suggestion?
    I’m on centos 7

Fabio
    Participant

I obviously setted BindToAddr= with the local IP of the server in LAN but still I cannot see the server

Fabio
    Participant

upgraded to 2.0.6 but still I cannot connect inside my lan network… I can ping my local IP server but I cannot see FEAR server on LAN… I already opened 27888 port (setted in the configuration file with local IP address as well) on iptables and on the router as well…
    nobody could help me?

Anonymous

Can you host windows version of server using wine?

Fabio
      Participant

I want to host it on linux, if I have to use wine it has no sense…

Fabio
      Participant

this answer not help to solve the problem. I want a native server not an emaulation through wine

Anonymous

I just wanted to know, do you have the same problem with windows version of server or not, to figure out your problem.

Using wine for FEAR has sense because maps with AI do not work correctly with linux version of server and you can also not only host but play FEAR on FreeBSD or Linux.
    Ofcourse, you can host 1.08 or SEC2 linux server if you really want.

Anyway, wine is not an emulator.

Fabio
    Participant

I can see linux hosted servers on the server’s list so I would like to know why these servers work and mine is not… the server I have is built to be used only as server, so no GUI is present, and for this reason I cannot (and I also add “I do not want”) to use it to play… when I host window’s version on man gaming PC I can host the server and see it, but this is not what I want, I would like to have the game hosted natively on my linux server…
    Ok, yes “Wine Is Not Emulator” but with it:
    1) the application is not run natively
    2) in the end the result is the same as using an emulator, I hoped you understood what I meant… 🙂

• This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by  Fabio.
    • This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by  Fabio.

Phreeze
    Keymaster

Did you open port 27888 UDP?

Fabio
    Participant

@phreeze yes I opened that port as tcp as well, it is the first thing I did before opening this thread. 🙂
    However I found there was 2 problems.
    1) windows firewall (client side), setting up it (to home connection, not public, helped, in the worst case could be temporary disabled)
    2) debugging the connections I found that there were more ports used by game:
    – 27888 (the main port setted for the server in the configuration file)
    – 27900 (I found in another blog that this port is used to display server on the server list, on client side, but I didn’t found it during debug, I opened it anyway just to be sure)
    – the game scans all the ports in this range: 27838:27938 (in case of problems try to open them to find if this can help)

The game usually uses UDP connections, I opened the ports above both UDP and TCP as well to be sure.

Anyway thanks to anyone that tried to help me here! 🙂

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.